- 50% of the time attributes (str,dex,con,int,wis) will be randomized +1 or -1. Previously it occurred only 33% of the time.
- 31 additional affects on weapons will be randomized.
- randomization of values on objects is more random now instead of a bell curve like it was before.
- identify command will now show (base value +/- change) for all affects and damage dice for weapons.
- Identify now shows type of damage a weapon does.
- Additional telnet IAC GAs (go-aheads) sent during login to speed up login for MUD clients.
- New vote in progress. Type VOTE to see the question.
- Added new optional "all" argument to use with area builders' MPPAUSE mobile
program command. Example: MPPAUSE all . This will cause all mobile
programs for a specific mobile to pause for that duration in seconds.
- Fixed bug with daypass affecting wrong zone.
- Fixed crash bug that was affecting port 6666.
MUD Clients for Dark Castle
There a quite a number of MUD clients
available for use, some are freeware and some are shareware.
The official MUD client of DC is Zuggsoft's zMUD as Zugg himself got
his start MUDding
on DC back in 1993.
It is a shareware client full of powerful scripting capabilities for the advanced MUDder.
Zugg also has CMUD available, another mud client which works in Windows Vista.
zMUD: Info | Download |
CMUD: Info | Download
has a good list of available mud clients, should you decide to try others.