- New command: config. It lets you set two config options currently. config color.bad=color name and
config color.good=color name. Example: config color.good=bright green
Example: config color.bad=magenta These "good" or "bad" colors are currently utilized by
identify command when it's showing differences between base stats and new stats.
- Fixed bug where identify was showing opposite colors intended for ARMOR affect. Lower numbers
use "good" color and higher numbers use "bad" color.
- Fixed bug where skill increase message showed wrong maximum skill value.
- Areas/helpfile/messages/skill quest changes copied from port 23/6969/8080 to port 6666.
- items marked NO_CUSTOM, QUEST or SPECIAL (godload) cannot be randomized this will shortly include
all items made by combining objects
- Staff object type now gets random total charges
- Potion object type now gets random level of spell
- Containers now get their object affects randomized similar to armor
- Fixed bug with armor AC-apply not randomizing
- identify now shows AC-apply - non-enchant modifier on armor and potion level randomization
- auction house shows prices with comma separators now. In the future I'll add separator choices for non-US countries like periods.
- no lag after running vend list.
- vend identify is now free and uses same output as identify command.
- Consignment vendor now advertises automatically, for free, if item is being sold for over 1,000,000 gold.
- Consignment vendor no longer charges a listing fee.
Welcome to Dark Castle
Some of Dark Castle's original features include:
- A detailed and highly developed player-run CLAN
- A 'META-PHYSICIAN' where attributes and upgrades can be
- A vast array of items, mobs, areas, and storylines.
- A variety of well developed races and classes.
(Some classes include: Monk, Bard, Druid, & Paladin)
- Professions for character and class specialization.
- An all-original CASINO utilizing actual rules and odds.
- An exciting fully automated QUEST system.
- A LEADERBOARD to compare your character to the
- A flexible, unique combat system full of gore and mayhem - with 'real
killing' possibilities for the clever and organized.
- Free player VAULTS for storing, saving, and sharing your loot!
- A player-run AUCTION HOUSE for buying and selling goods.
- Comprehensive helpfiles for both new and veteran
- An interactive and constantly evolving world to
- Many more ORIGINAL FEATURES only found on Dark Castle!
Connect to Dark Castle MUD with telnet or a MUD client.
There is a secondary copy of the MUD running on port 6666 for mostly just bots or multiplayers to play on. Most players are on port 6969.